The Gallup organization recently released a survey in which Americans were asked to rank what they considered to be the “best long term investment.” Real estate ranked number one, with 35% of those surveyed saying it was a better long term investment than stocks & mutual funds, gold, savings accounts or bonds.
Here is the breakdown:
The survey revealed that real estate was the number one choice among each of the following groups:
- People between the ages of 18-29
- People between the ages of 30-49
- People between the ages of 50-64
- People 65 and older
- People with annual earnings of less than $30,000
- People with annual earnings between $30,000 and $74,999
- People with annual earnings of over $75,000
- People with a college degree
- People without a college degree
Even stock investors ranked real estate number one. According to the report:
“With housing prices showing a steadier path upward in recent months, even stock investors are about as likely…to choose real estate (37%) as stocks (32%) as the best long-term investment.”
This Friday, I will be posting an infographic showing additional findings revealed in the report. To take advantage of this opportunity, you can call or text us at 913-203-1863.